I want to see posts about...

Monday 29 February 2016

My little flat...

When I bought my first property at 21, I was over the moon to finally have my own space. My Mum was great at turning a house in to a home, and this was something that I was desperate to do in my own space.




I wasn't earning very much money when I bought the flat, so a new build was perfect for me. Everything was 'done' and though I wouldn't go for a brand new property ever again (cracks in walls, broken drain pipes, broken plaster board, wonky cupboard doors, broken aerial sockets, lumpy concrete screed that damaged the flooring, a window that wouldn't close for love nor money, and plastic heating pipes...) it was perfect for me at the time, as on my income, I'd have never been able to afford to do a property up in the way that I wanted to.


I had to live with magnolia for a year (anyone that's done this will know the heartache) so that the problems could be fixed at the end of that time, but as soon as I could decorate, I set about making the place my own.


Because I didn't have much money, a lot of my furniture was second hand initially and I worked room by room to save up and buy the things that I wanted. I would recommend this to anyone!


Here's a little tour of the flat when I sold it... (Sorry about the quality of the photos, they're all I have... from the estate agents)








Although I'd never buy new again,  I LOVED living here.

What was your first home like?

Ems xx

No comments:

Post a Comment