I want to see posts about...

Friday 5 February 2016

A little tour of my budoir...

My bedroom.


I've always believed that a bedroom should be a peaceful, beautiful and relaxing space. It should calm you and set the tone for a nice slumber. My bedroom was the third room that I attacked in the house, but I couldn't replace the carpet in there until the hallway was done, so even though I had the most beautiful walls and wallpaper and furniture, for just under a year it was all ruined by the world's most disgusting carpet!


Old curtains and pre-dressing table. The rocking chair is in the loft, my very first real upcycle!




I didn't know that hiding under the gross carpet were some really beautiful floorboards, so I do wish now that I'd had a little peak and could've just lived with those for the best part of a year. I was actually really sad to have them covered again after a weekend of being exposed for me to finally paint the skirtings!






The wallpaper was a bargain from The Range, it's part of the Opera range of wallpapers, and I had been searching high a low for something with both pink and purple in it. I didn't fall in love with it instantly, but now I absolutely love it. Although, now I've changed the layout of the room, it is sort of on the wrong wall! But, I still like it.






The dressing table was an upcycle project which you can read about here. It was originally an Ikea piece of furniture and is fairly sturdy. The little stool was also from Ikea and I painted it to match the dressing table. The cushion is home made, from a duvet set I fell in love with at a charity shop.






The bed, chest of drawers and wardrobe are all from Ikea. The wardrobe was one of the first things I bought when I moved in to my flat (6 years ago) and it's still going strong. Although, I would like to create built in wardrobes in that alcove, to give some much needed storage space.






I've just recently changed the curtains as I found the perfect pair in Next, they're a rich purple so pick out the colour in the wallpaper really well, the previous gold ones (Primark) let all the light through. I always think it does pay to splash out on the blackout ones, especially if you're like me and wake up with the light!






The chandelier was a bargain from George Home, again it's moved with me from the flat and with a little spruce up every now and then the crystals still glitter like new.






After changing the layout I really struggled to find bedside tables that would fit, I'm really OCD about having a balanced wall, so it was totally out of the question for me to have the bed pushed up against one wall or just have one bedside table! These are actually bathroom storage from Homebase, I changed the rope handles for some ribbon to give them a little girly tweak.




The floorboards I wish I'd found earlier! Photo taken from the landing.


So happy to finally have lovely carpet!

The layout has changed now the dressing table is in place
of the chest of drawers, but the wardrobes tuck nicely in to the alcove.


The 'bathroom' bedside tables!





Ems xx


No comments:

Post a Comment