I want to see posts about...

Thursday 10 March 2016

A little Disney dash!

I have just got back from my favourite place in the world (well, one of them!) Disneyland Paris!


We had a weekend away with Drew's family and surprised his parents at Christmas with the trip. Drew's nephews are 6 & 4 so at a really good age for the magic, and we all had a fab time!


Cinderella's carriage is stunning!




As we've been so many times, we knew exactly what to head for, and with a plan it's definitely possible to see / do most of the things that you want in a weekend. As it can be quite an expensive trip, I thought I'd share some money saving tips as well as some of my snaps from the weekend - which happened to be the first day of Swing in to Spring!






Obviously the cheapest (and quietest) time to go to Disneyland is during the week when the kids are at school. If you can't do that, check out Supertrips as they often have special offers on park tickets. We paid 35 euros per person per day for a 2 park hopper ticket - a huge saving from buying tickets on the gate!






We stayed in a hotel that's around a 20 minute walk from the parks, but they also offer a free shuttle bus that goes regularly through the day. I messed up here as I booked through Booking.com, who don't charge your card at the time of booking, so you pay on arrival. Unfortunately for us the euro rate dropped so it ended up costing us a bit more, but I still think it's good value at £110 for a double room for 2 adults for 2 nights. The rooms have a fully equipped kitchenette, so if you're driving or going by train, you can easily take supplies with you. We just took carry on luggage and flew with Easyjet, which was a pain. All the waiting around at the airport is such a bore!






We were met at the airport by the lovely Chris from Ezyshuttle. I'd definitely recommend them and as there was 8 of us, it only cost 10 euros per person for each way!






We ate in the Rainforest Café, Annettes and Hakuna Matata. I love Annettes and Hakuna Matata do the best fries! There's a surprising amount of different food at Disney, so you're not just stuck eating burgers all the time. My all time favourite is Casey's Corner hot dogs, they are amazing!


Love the French feel to the Ratatouille area


We did Buzz Lightyear's Laser Blast twice, Ratatouille (get there early and fast pass!), RC Racer, the spinning cars, Aladin's flying carpets, the Moteurs Action stunt show, It's a Small World (twice, I love it), Casey's Junior rollercoaster, the storybook boats, Snow White, Pinocchio, Pirates of the Caribbean, Phantom Manor, Space Mountain, Ant Man, Star Tours and an awful lot of shopping!








I wish I was back there already... :-(


Ems xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

What a great post Emma, the money saving tips are fantastic! X

Post a Comment