I want to see posts about...

Thursday 31 December 2015

2015 - year in review

Well, this is it. Another year draws to a close. I thought I'd do a little reflection of 2015 and what it meant to me.










2 0 1 5


Highs:


- Nearly finishing the house! Although, can a house ever be finished? Is it just me, or does everyone feel an intense urge to redecorate every time they step in to a DIY store?! 2016 should see all of the rooms being finished and moving on to making the outside look pretty, yippee.


- Amazing holidays! We had a fab week in Madeira with Andrew's parents in January, a weekend at Centre Parcs followed by 4 days at Disneyland Paris in May, a dream (last minute bargain) holiday in Skiathos in July and 3 and a bit days at Disneyland Paris in October. Considering that we were worried we'd only have Madeira this year, I think we did pretty well!


- A new job. A sad and painful situation that resulted in good things. I do love a happy ending.


- Spending lots of time with loved ones, family and friends and the rest. We seem to have had lots of special family gatherings this year and it's been great spending time with everyone.















Lows:


- The sad situation that happened when Aviva bought Friends Life. Having only been there for just under a year at the time the transaction completed, I was really worried about my future. Having a mortgage and not knowing when I would find another job if I was made redundant really played on my mind. It affected me a lot more than I let on I think. I really miss my old teamies and although we had some pretty tense situations (ToB London-gate, anyone?!) it was a laugh.


- Leia's health. My little two year old pupster was diagnosed with Syringomyelia. She has seizures and it's a horrible thing to watch her go through. Her future worries me, but I know that we will do whatever we can to give her the longest and happiest life that we can.









And on to 2 0 1 6


- My Mum and my Sister are both getting married in 2016! Looking forward to TWO really good family knees ups!


- More fabulous holidays! We're off to Madeira in a couple of weeks for a break from Winter and I cannot wait! We've also got a two week Safari booked for May. It's a once in a lifetime dream trip that was gifted to us. It all looks soooooo amazing and we are so grateful. It's something we would've never been able to afford to do on our own and I can't wait to experience it! (Although the jabs and the tiny plane are currently playing on my mind!!). Andrew is even going shark diving... I think I'll read my book that day! I'm also hoping to have a lovely break in Paris with Abbey.


- Starting work on the outside of the house. I'd love to have it painted and to finally finish the front garden by Summer. Then it's on to project back garden. Already looking forward to spending some lovely evenings on my Pallet sofa and having BBQs with the girls!


- Lots of babies! I know so many pregnant people at the moment, so exciting! I can't wait to meet all the little bundles of joy.


I'm not one for making silly new years resolutions. But, if you are, good luck!


Wishing everyone a happy and healthy year and let's hope 2016 brings some World peace.


Em xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Awwwww. I really miss you too! You are an awesome friend and workmate. I would of said Flag Gate was up there with London Gate though......haha. X

Post a Comment