I want to see posts about...

Wednesday 9 December 2015

Skiathos - possibly my favourite destination!

I love Skiathos. I L O V E Skiathos!


We first went to Skiathos last Summer. Drew had been before, but it was my first time. I trusted him when he told me I'd love it, and he really wasn't wrong.


This year, we weren't planning to have a Summer holiday. We've both had issues with our jobs this year, so it was difficult to pin down a time and commit to the money. At the start of July, we both really felt that we needed a holiday. After scouring for some late deals for a joint week off we had approaching, we decided that the only option was to go back to the place of our dreams, sunny Skiathos.

I love Greek streets
With it being later in the season this year (we went in June last time), I was worried that it would be too hot for me. My optimum holiday temperature is 26 degrees. I suffer from terrible prickly heat, and usually am a write off after the second day.

Looking out towards Skiathos town and the Port
We took the risk, after finding an absolute steal, and on the Friday, we booked to go the following Wednesday.

The sunset at Bananistas. The land you can see is the Greek mainland.
We stayed in Troulos at the Green Meadows, which were delightful. A sweet little family run place, with cute apartments.

I wish my sink had this view! (Baritzi)
This could be the most beautifully placed diving board ever!
We spent a few days on Troulos beach, and enjoyed some fabulous Gyros at the local taverna. Our favourite beaches have got to be Koukanaries (stop by at the Golden Beach Hotel for the most amazing home-made greek burgers) and Banana Beach, which houses the brilliant beach bar and entertainment venue, Bananistas.


If you're a plane spotter (or if you just like an adrenaline rush...!) visit the end of the runway.

Loved watching this guy in his row boat. Off out to catch some fish in the sunset.


We went in to Skiathos town most evenings - my top picks of restaurants this year have to be Dionyssos & Scuna. If you go, be sure to have a Greek Burger, some fresh fish and a Beef Stifado. And definitely stop by the cocktail bar (Baritzi) on the island in the port. Gorgeous.


If you're looking for some late summer / early Autumn sun, I'd definitely recommend this beaut of an island.

Already wishing it was holiday time again...

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment