I want to see posts about...

Tuesday 15 December 2015

Christmas time, mistletoe and wine...

Or, hot chocolate, for me anyway!



I LOVE Christmas. Last year was a rubbish Christmas, I was managing Christmas parties for 3000 staff for the company that I worked for, and it was complete and utter hell. I was up to my eyes in seating plans and "I'm not going unless you give my friend a place" and "I'm not sat by my best friend, even though I didn't request that"... ugh, a life in events.


A couple of years ago I worked for a hotel. It was probably my favourite job to date, I was part of an amazing team and we all got on brilliantly, most of the time. Hotels are incredibly stressful but very fun places, and working for one was an experience I'll carry with me the rest of my life. When you do events for a hotel, your Christmas starts in January. You can't escape Christmas. As a Christmas-a-holic, this was amazing for me! Talking turkey and all the trimmings on January 14th, YES!


Anyway, this year I have my Christmas mojo back, and whilst it's going to be a bit of a 'different' one, with just my sister, two of my grandparents and I for lunch, I am still incredibly excited!


Here's a snippet of some of my decorations this year...


Putting the tree up is so much fun!






I made a little fish wire garland with the little baubles on for the mantle, I LOVE it. when the little heart lights are on the glittery ones send pretty beams of light all over the place - gorgeous.


I'll be cooking lunch on the 25th, on the menu this year will be Prawn Cocktail, Turkey with ALL the trimmings (I do go all out on trimmings!) and pudding is yet to be decided. If you don't like Christmas cake or pud - what do you go for? I'm thinking maybe a nice chocolate torte?


Em xx

2 comments:

Unknown said...

The post is so amazing! Thank you for sharing:)

irenethayer.com

Unknown said...

Another super post Emma! I would go for something fruity after a larger lunch. Maybe a fresh fruit salad and brandy cream or passion fruit cheesecake. Mmmmmm

Post a Comment