I want to see posts about...

Sunday 5 February 2017

A little bit of frugality!



January is always a bad month for me. Who ever thought to buy their first home at the start of the year was daft (me!). Because I bought my flat in January, it means that a lot of my 'annual' expenses renew then, for example my TV licence and my home and contents insurance.

I also had a sneaky little holiday in January, which we got for a bargain price and was very much needed, but it meant that with the Christmas hangover, January is a very dry month for my bank account.

{new beach bag love}
{holi-daze}

Instead of having a no spend January, which is pretty pointless considering the above, I'm going to go for frugal feb. 

I'd consider myself fairly 'good' with money anyway (ahem, apart from those weekly shopping trips...anyone else able to drop a ton in one go?!) but this month I am going to try and be super frugal and I'm going to share my spends with you. I'm hoping this will help me to boost my holiday account my some pennies and therefore mean I can have a good old jolly in the summer!

So, frugal feb I am ready for you. I am going to share my best money saving tips and I'm going to have a go at coupon-ing. I tend to do my weekly shop in Aldi, but I'm super naughty at lunchtimes at work and do tend to spend quite a bit on my lunch, so I'm going to be more conscious of that and try to be a bit more organised and prepared. Because I'm lactose intolerant, I do tend to go to a big supermarket at least once a month to stock up on dairy goodies, so I'm going to see what coupons I can find to save me any money there too.

And  I'm going to have a go at signing up for freebies online (if such a thing exists?!)

Any other tips are much appreciated!

Ems xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment