I want to see posts about...

Thursday 26 January 2017

A little yum in my tum!

SO sorry that it's been a while (again). I'm still trying to get my mojo back and look at the small positives in every day. I'm going to do a post soon about the hilarity of online dating... you won't want to miss the chance to laugh at my misfortune! 

Anyway, thought I'd share a little dinner delight that I had tonight. Still trying to adjust to cooking for one (which is miserable by the way... have consumed a LOT of beans!) and this recipe was a cracker! 





The sticky chicken element is a slimming world recipe, which is 2.5 syns, so if you're on slimming world then you have probably had this with rice (syn free). But tonight I felt like something a bit different, and this totally hit the spot. Next time I'm going to try it with some spicy beef! 

Sticky chicken in home made soft taco's 

For the chicken (served one, me) 
- 1 chicken boob (breast) 
- 1 small red onion 
- 1 pepper, I only had green left, boo, does anyone like green peppers?! 
- 1 clove of garlic 
- 1 tbsp of soy sauce 
- 1 tbsp of balsamic vinegar 
- 1 tbsp of honey (clear is better than set for this) 

For the home made taco's (if you're on slimming world, this is approx 4 syns)
- 2 tbsp's of flour (40g) 
- pinch of salt 
- 25g water 

I got the taco recipe from One Pound Meals, I've also tried the katsu curry of his, which is delish

So. Start by making up the marinade for the chicken, mix the soy sauce, honey and balsamic vinegar together to combine. Mix in the chicken and leave to marinate for at least 10 minutes. 

Whilst that's marinating finely chop your veg. I was just clearing out the fridge, but you could add some mange tout or pak choi or other yums. 

Add the chicken and marinade to a pan on medium heat, keep it moving as it'll go sticky quite quickly. As soon as you can see the chicken starting to cook add the veg and garlic. Leave it to cook but give it a little shift around every now and then. Whilst that's cooking make your dough for the tacos. 



Add the flour to a bowl with a pinch of salt, then mix in the water to form a dough. Lightly dust a flat surface with some flour and roll out your tacos. The mix makes enough for three small ones or two medium. 




When the chicken is looking a couple of minutes off being ready, heat a dry pan on medium and add your first taco. Cook until lightly brown on each side, then repeat with your others. 




And done! 

If you try it, let me know what you think! 

Em xx 

No comments:

Post a Comment