I want to see posts about...

Wednesday 28 December 2016

A little bit of reflection

Two thousand and sixteen.

What a year! I'm with most people who 'just want to forget' this year. I don't know why someone didn't just press reset half way through the year when it was obvious that things were going to pot!

I love reading back on my blog like a diary, I did a year in review of 2015 and wanted to do the same for this god-awful year.



I've lost two of the people closest to me this year. Not only did I suffer a completely unexpected breakup of my relationship, I also lost my best friend. That one was probably bubbling for a while, but it doesn't stop it hurting any less.

BUT, I don't want to focus on the negatives here, because a new year brings a fresh start and I'm trying really hard to change my negative mental state. So here goes to finding the good in everything and living with a positive outlook.

Great start to the year with a week in Madeira in January <3

2016, you've been great because...

- I had a fantastic little break in Dublin with Abbey. Dublin is a great city, we did the Guinness experience, hit the shops hard (with just hand luggage each we were getting a little worried that we'd literally have to wear our purchases home! And generally had a great time.



- S A F A R I. wow wow wow. The absolute best holiday of my life by far. I adore looking through the photos (daily) and the memories will last a lifetime. I'm desperate to get back there, anyone want to take me?!



- Lovely little Leia. Whilst I'm a dog down in my pack, and miss Chewie more than words or actions could ever express, my little Leia has had a good year. Her syringomyelia has improved a bit this year, and the vets are really pleased with her. We've had a few hairy moments with sickness and a little stay at the vets, but this girl is amazing and I cherish every second with her frowny little eyebrows.

Never happier than waking up with them both <3

- The house is looking great. A lot has changed this year, new french doors from the lounge to the conservatory, the conservatory has been redecorated and I'll do a post shortly about the beautiful draped roof and fairy lights that have been super spammed on my Insta recently!

The kitchen had a 2016 refresh... but i'm itching to do it again already!

- I achieved two ambitions this year. I wanted to get my mortgage under a certain amount, and I've wanted a Mulberry bag for like ever. This girl did!! Meet Lily, the new love of my life...



- I've had two solo trips to Disneyland Paris, the first one I spent most of the time in tears, but the second one I was much more positive and even had a good time! I can't wait to go back in March with Abbey, and let's hope that I can take a new love later in the year!



I'm not one for new years resolutions, I'm more of a goals girl, setting myself little achievable targets. But my target for 2017 is simple, to be happy. Happy with whatever life throws at me!



Best wishes for the New Year everyone, let's hope it's a good one!

Ems xx 

1 comment:

Charlene said...

Thank you for another inspiring blog post and I look forward to following your journey of achieving your goals and more in 2017.

Post a Comment