I want to see posts about...

Monday 2 November 2015

2 Years On...

On Saturday we celebrated Halloween, which marked 2 years since I got the keys to this house.


2 years seems like a really long time, but it's flown by. I bought the house as a 'sensible purchase', with three double bedrooms it gave me the space that I craved so badly, with ample room to grow and plenty of well proportioned living space.

The previous owner of the house lived here with her family, so it was your classic family house when I moved in. Everywhere was 'live-able' but not to my taste.
My least favourite room - the bathroom. The suite was only a year or two old, how can you make something so new look so ugly?!
Bedroom Two - the nicest room in the house!
This was my bedroom... yuk!
Conservatory - complete with added utility room...!
Dining Room
Kitchen
Lounge



With two years to reflect on, I feel that I've done quite a bit, with lots of help from loved ones. Things might not have happened as quickly as I want them to, but I work full time in events and am often at work late / away from home. There's still plenty to do, but as this is a long term home, I don't feel rushed to do it. Here's the list of 'completed so far':

- Lounge painted (I wouldn't say redecorated, as it still needs new carpet!)
- Conservatory redecorated - unfortunately last Winter there was a leak which ruined two panels of wallpaper, so I'm currently tidying it up again.
- My bedroom has been redecorated - and then rearranged, and rearranged again! I think I'm finally happy now.
- The hallway, stairs and landing was a real labour of love, but it's one of my favourite spaces, the wallpaper was well worth waiting for!
- The downstairs loo was in a very sorry state, with what looked like the original basin literally hanging off of the wall, now it's a beautifully tiled, clean, fresh and bright space that I never mind guests using!
- The main bathroom has also had a complete facelift, with new everything and was even reconfigured by my clever grandad so that I could have my dream separate shower and bath. Another room painted in my favourite, grey, but it really reflects the light and gives the room a personality.
- New doorhandles everywhere and new 6 panel white doors upstairs.
- New loft hatch
- Beautiful new front door
- The Garden has had a tiny bit of work, involving moving the shed and lots of work has been done on the terrace area - which I love!









Next up is the kitchen, I'm just waiting for my newly plastered flat ceiling to dry (no more awful artex downstairs!) then it's on with the tiles and painting, it'll be done by Christmas, which then just leaves Bedroom Three and the Garden for next years projects. I have some big ideas for the garden, but to say I'm not green fingered is an understatement!

I've loved the last two years here, and here's to many more.

Em xx

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Another great blog Emma, I can't believe how much you have done in two years.......

Post a Comment