I want to see posts about...

Sunday 25 October 2015

A little taste of Spain for dinner!

I'm always looking for new recipes to try. Whilst I love cooking, I certainly don't love spending hours in the kitchen after a day at work, so for me, quick, easy and tasty are key!

This recipe is inspired by SW Blog's Slimming World Paella Recipe.

I made a few adaptations, so this recipe is SYN free!

This made enough for 3 - 4 portions, I used:

- 2 large chicken breasts
- 6 Spring Onions
- 2 small red onions (or 1 large)
- 1 yellow pepper
- 1 red pepper
- 3 average sized cloves of garlic (pressed)
- peas
- 200g Paella Rice
- a handful of sugar snap peas
- 2 vegetable stock cubes dissolved in 650ml boiling water
- paprika

Start by dicing the chicken and coating in paprika, I didn't measure how much I used, but just ensured that the chicken was fully covered. Leave this to relax in a bowl whilst you chop the veg and prepare.

Chop all of the veg (except the peas and sugar snaps), I always find cooking is so much easier if everything is prepared and ready to go! Once you're ready - add the chicken in to a nice large pan with the pressed garlic.

I didn't use any oil in the pan as mine is non-stick. If you're using oil try Fry-Light to save a few calories.

Brown the chicken. Once it's nicely browned, add the chopped veg and paella rice. Cook for a few minutes until the veg is slightly soft.





Whilst the veg is softening, make the vegetable stock. I used stock cubes in boiling water. Add these to the pan and stir, then reduce the heat to let the paella simmer. At this point I added the sugar snap peas.

Cook for around 10 minutes, when the rice is looking nearly cooked and some of the liquid has been absorbed, add the peas to cook through.



Leave it another 5 minutes or so, until the peas are soft and there's no loose liquid. Et Voila, it's ready!



Dish it up and serve with some cracked black pepper. I didn't have any, but some lovely fresh rocket drizzled with a bit of balsamic would've been perfect to top this. Even if you're not following Slimming World, this is a delicious, quick and easy recipe that's packed with veg! The whole thing took me under 40 minutes, including singing and dancing around the kitchen to the radio!

Enjoy!

Em xx

No comments:

Post a Comment